Monday, November 26, 2012

Synopsis

-->

Submit brief synopsis of your play and the people with whom you will work and describe his or her role (actors and their roles). In your synopsis, give an idea of the narrative. In other words, you must explain the setting (time period, times of day, state, city, weather, etc), characters, point of view etc.. Finally, you must provide a thorough description of why you are choosing to tell this story. What is your point? Who is your target audience? What was your inspiration? This may NOT be a bulleted response, but a thorough and organized reflection.

Me: main planker
Kevin: Planking Filmer
Someone: Narrator/Filmer

This will be a mockumentary on planking. A well-trained planker, Me, and Kevin, the Filmer, are getting interviewed by the narrator. We talk about our techniques and make planking look like an intense and epic sport. We talk about how Planking is a lifestyle and a unique way of expressing one's self. I will also discuss the heavy workouts and mind preparation before going out for a Birch. There will be a few shots of Kevin filming and me running from place to place planking. I will be almost sprinting. I am choosing to tell this story because I think it will be funny as planking is definitely not a very body-intense sport. I will film in this around the school, or at los altos. This will preferably be filmed during the day but might include a few films at night. The Narrator will ask me and Kevin a few questions on the sport, and we will answer them. My target audience is pretty much everybody. My inspiration was the world-renowned film critic Jared Leake. I also am inspired by a youtube video of some people who run around rolling down stairs while wrapped in rugs and make it look like an underground and dangerous sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment